More than one million jobs directly depend on the building and construction industry.
The industry that employs 1 in 10 Australians, has more small businesses than other sector of the economy and trains 50,000 apprentices each year.
A profitable and sustainable building and construction industry.
The preeminent national advocate for building and construction.
Policies for building a stronger Australia:
- Ensure home ownership is within reach for everyone.
- Meet housing targets with enough rental stock and social and community housing.
- Release more government land.
- 10-year rolling pipeline of infrastructure.
- Improve the standard of careers education in secondary schools.
- Develop an apprentice commencement and retention strategy.
- Increase the permanent skills visa cap to at least 200,000.
- Redirect development taxes and charges to social and affordable housing.
- Flexible industrial relations system.
- Keeping workplaces safe.
- Dedicated division within the Fair Work Ombudsman to respond to unlawful activity.
- Protecting the right of independent contractors.
- Expand depreciation allowances.
- Commence a deregulation agenda.
- Incentives to invest in digital and IT systems to improve productivity in businesses.